Saturday, March 21, 2009

John Wayne

The final movie that John Wayne did had to do with an ageing gunfighter who was dying of cancer. John Wayne was also dying of cancer at the time.

He stars alongside Lauren Bacall who plays a widow who rents rooms in her house, and Ron Howard as her son and Jimmy Stewart as the town doctor. John just wants to pass away his last few months and die, but when news breaks out that the legendary gunfigher, J.B. Books (Wayne) is in town everyone is iching to be the one who guns him down and become a legend as the person who killed J.B. Books.

Things change as it is discovered by the public that he has cancer and then Ron Howard learns how cruel people can be.


So, one day early in the film, John Wayne is walking along and talking to Ron Howard and talking about Life and some of the rules of civilization and the rules of interactions amongst people.

He says,

"I won't be wronged, I won't be lied to, I won't be laid a hand on."
And then more importantly he said,
"I do this for others and I require the same for myself."

No comments: